Monday, August 19, 2024

To Die Is Gain

 

Here is an interesting verse, Philippians chapter 1, verse 21:

"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."  TO DIE IS GAIN!  Imagine that!  OK, why is that?

Well, part of the reason is spelled out very clearly in Psalm chapter 16, verse 11:

"You will show me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;

At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

IN YOUR PRESENCE IS FULLNESS OF JOY!!  In Father God's presence is fullness of joy!

Can we experience this now?  Yes, but there are numerous distractions, alas.  But yes!


OK, speaking for myself, this may sound a bit strange but;

My family loves me and I love each of them (to the moon and back!! You know what I mean?) When I die my family will miss me, but I won't miss them, because I'll be overcome/overwhelmed by the wonderful, joyful presence of Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit!  I hope you can understand what I am saying here.


Here's a quote from A. W. Tozer:

"...we have such a short time to prepare for such a long time. By that I mean we have now to prepare for then. We have an hour to prepare for eternity. To fail to prepare is an act of moral folly. For anyone to have a day given to prepare, it is an act of inexcusable folly to let anything hinder that preparation. If we find ourselves in a spiritual rut, nothing in the world should hinder us. Nothing in this world is worth it. If we believe in eternity, if we believe in God, if we believe in the eternal existence of the soul, then there is nothing important enough to cause us to commit such an act of moral folly."

From his book, "Rut, Rot or Revival: The Condition of the Church, 87-88.


Hallelujah!

Larry Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment