Monday, October 4, 2021

Be Content With Such Things As You Have

 

Hebrews 13 verse 5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hmmm, let's see.  Let's work it backward.

OK, I know Jesus said He will never leave us or forsake us.  I know He is true to His word, and I know by my experience over the decades that He has always been with me.

Therefore, for this reason, I can be content with such things as I have, since I have Him.  And that contentment is based on the fact that I have, and will always have, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and all the promises of God.  And that's huge!

And therefore, since I have this assurance of complete contentment, I have no reason to be covetous. 

Well, it works for me... when I am aware of His presence (and enjoying it) and am not distracted by the world, the flesh, or the devil.

Well, LORD, am I aware of your presence right now, or am I too intent on getting the wording of this post just right?  Jesus, save!

Larry Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment