Monday, September 29, 2014

Our Car Was Totaled Last Wednesday - And Yet I Will Rejoice In The Lord



I guess there's a lot I could say about this, but I'll just briefly share that Helen and I were in a four car pile up on I81 in Harrisburg, PA - seven miles from our destination.  I was driving.

Since it is an eleven year old car, we did not have collision insurance, and wondered what to do.

But some friends were two hours behind us, going to the same conference, and they offered to tow our car home that night, behind their pickup truck with a trailer I rented.  God's grace - really, really.  And our friends' grace, too.

Well, I have had some internal dealings, as you can imagine.  There has been a pull in me toward feeling blue and guilty and stupid, but I am fighting it with praise, using the praise language the Spirit has given me.  And in spite of the accident, in which I am charged with following too closely, I know I am beloved of the Lord Jesus, and beloved by my Father in heaven.  I know how I would treat my own kids if they messed up like this.  And I trust they do, too.  So I will bless the Lord at all times, as it says in Psalm 34.  And I will rejoice in the Lord always, as it says in Philippians 4.  And that means now, of course.  Hallelujah.

Larry Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment