Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tell Him You Love Him - Again


Do you know that joke - where a wife says to her husband, "Honey, do you love me?"  And the husband answers, "I told you I love you when we got married, and if I change my mind I'll let you know."

Well, initially it's funny, but in the long run it's really very sad.  Could that really happen?  I'm sure it has, alas.

Don't do that to the Lord God, to the Lord Jesus Christ.

What?

Don't say in essence, "Well, I let Him in when I got saved, so I can check that off as complete/done (I got my ticket to heaven so I know where I'm going.)", and then go about living your life as best you can.

He's still knocking at the door of your heart, as we see in these two verses.  He wants to know if you still love Him.

(1) Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. (NKJV)

Isn't that written to unbelievers?

Yes and no.  It's written to everyone, but here Jesus is speaking to seven churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3.

(2) Song of Solomon (Song of Songs) 5:2
I sleep, but my heart is awake;
It is the voice of my beloved!
He knocks, saying,
“Open for me, my sister, my love,
My dove, my perfect one;
For my head is covered with dew,
My locks with the drops of the night." (NKJV),

See how the beloved (Jesus) views YOU - my sister, my love, My dove, my perfect one.  His heart is longing for you.

In His presence is fullness of joy.  Reach out to Him.  Let Him in.

Blessings,
Larry Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment