'I hope so.' What does that mean? I suggest to you that the use of the word 'hope' in the common vernacular, compared to the use of the word 'hope' in the scripture, is quite different. It all comes down to this: Is your hope based on a solid promise, or is your hope based on a wish. And is the promisor trustworthy?
Picture with me a young child who wants the family to go to the ice cream store. She asks her Daddy if they can go; he says "Yes!" Well, that makes her very happy of course, because he promised! So, her wish now has become a hope, because it is based on a promise from Daddy and her Daddy has a reputation with his kids of being true to his promises. So when Younger Brother asks, "Are we going to the ice cream store, Sis?" This young girl doesn't say, "I hope so." She says "Yes!"
And Father God is both true to His promises and trustworthy, even if circumstances try to deny it. Where are Father's promises? Where can we find them? Well, He is speaking them all the time. However, they are always consistent with the scripture, the Bible. Therefore, get to know what's written in the Bible!
Should I marry this person? Should I attend this university? The Scripture has guidelines, and the presence of the Holy Spirit inside you leads you by His peace.
Therefore, I'll say it again, get to know His Word, the Bible, thoroughly, and get to know the Voice of the Lord. He is for you, not against you!
Now personally, I have hope concerning physical issues in my body. The Bible says the Lord God doesn't change, and I know that's true for all of the Trinity. It says in Hebrews chapter 13 verse 8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Therefore, what Jesus did while on Earth for 33 years He is still doing today! Therefore, I have hope! He has always been and still is a Savior!
Larry Carroll
No comments:
Post a Comment